Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My future

This morning, I was called into Steve's office. He is the principal. This isn't an often occasion, so I didn't know what was going on.

Turns out, I have been offered a contract to teach here in Shishmaref next year. I had to sign that I had received it.

I was surprised - I thought teachers who were not tenured didn't get contracts until March or so. 

I have a month to sign it and mail it to the district office in Unalakleet. I guess that is why I was thinking March - I don't have to decide until then.

I haven't signed it yet, but I am planning on it! I figure it wouldn't hurt anything to wait a week or so, right? I decided awhile ago that I was planning on coming back next year, but now that I have the contract in my hand, I don't want to be too hasty.

So, that is the news for the day, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment