Monday, March 1, 2010

Buckeye Necklaces

"Beat Michigan Week" is important for any Ohio State fan. It is the week before the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game. This past November, my class made Buckeye necklaces. Each kid got 3 buckeyes, 20 red beads, and six black or gray beads - they got to pick. They counted each bead out and then laced it onto their necklaces.

I took a lot of pictures, but all on the Head Start camera. I finally downloaded the pictures to my computer today.


Carter modeling his necklace.

 
Katie with her necklace.

  
Miss Madison

 
Vivian a.k.a Schmivian

 
Frank the tank

 
Nathaniel

 
Ida-Bug

 
Abigail a.k.a Babygail

 
Autumn

 
 Alicia

  
Victoria

 
Class picture! (missing lots of kiddos that day)


Here comes the best part!!


O!


 
H!

 
I!

 
O!

 
The kids even learned how to do it all together! So cute!


Also, I made 101 Buckeye Candies and shared them with my class and all of the other school employees! And I HATE peanut butter - so it was kind of a big deal for me to do that.

A delayed post - but I think worth it!

1 comment: