Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for my children. The big school goes until next Thursday, but the lil' guys are done now. It was sad. The saddest part was when I read a book to them for the last time and we talked about the books that they liked the most from this year.

I don't really have time to be sad though. My next 6 days of work will be spent trading classrooms in the ECE building, helping in Kate's class, organizing stuff, running Prom, ECE graduation and who knows what else. In the evenings, I will be packing and moving next door.

We're moving because the house next door has become available and it has a kitchen that more than one person can stand in and a kitchen table - two things our current house lacks. Our house doesn't even have a place for a kitchen table. Also, the drains in that house don't freeze for some reason, so when we do the dishes, the dish water actually goes into pipes instead of 5 gallon buckets under the sink that we have to dump outside (and be careful not to overflow).

I hope to post more soon, to update everyone on all the fun stuff I have been doing, but life is crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Amy -- Can't wait to see you!
    Your kids have been so lucky to have you this year!

    ReplyDelete