Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

Saying goodbye sucks.

Three meltdowns in two days.

I am totally excited to go to Alaska, but it is really weird that certain things will not be a part of my life anymore. Yesterday before GMAC (championship swim meet) started, Allison Weeks was talking to me about how she hadn't been able to tell Lily that I was leaving yet. We just were talking, and everything was great. When she walked away, I couldn't help but to cry. I don't know - it just hit me. Swim team kids have began to say goodbye. I have said bye to a couple that I know I won't see again, like Olivia and Katie, and both times I have cried. It's been weird.

Melody is awesome. She is a great person and friend. She has organized a little farewell party for me at the Y for this Wednesday. I am so looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I am the kind of person that likes closure. I am really glad to finish up swim team with a little get together, instead of just all of a sudden being done and not seeing anyone. Also, I am really glad that so many people are planning on coming. It will be great to see everyone one more time. But I am dreading it as well. If I break down when I say goodbye to one swimmer, what will I do when they are all saying goodbye? Either I will bawl the whole time, or I will be numb and won't at all. We'll see.

I had lunch with Blair and Trish on Friday also, and it was weird that our goodbye hug wasn't just until a couple of weeks when I would see him next. It's for a long time.

I will be home at Christmas, but I know I will be super busy, and all of my friends will be super busy. I just know I can't count on seeing everyone then. And then next summer when I am home, more of my friends will be graduating and will be going off to do their own thing. The uncertainity of when I will see people again is hard.

That's it for now. I am going shopping in Columbus tomorrow and Monday for Alaska items. I love shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment