Saturday, August 22, 2009

There's No Place Like Nome...

So...

Tuesday, after school Colleen and I swam in the ocean. Ken, the Science teacher, estimated the water temperature at 40 degrees F. It was cold. We went in, went under, and got out. But we had to climb back up a rock hill to get to our towels. Cold, cold, cold!!!! Photos to come... when I have a computer of my own, and my external hard drive from home.

I went to Nome Tuesday night, and got back on Friday night. I had a good time. The conference was not so exciting, but I was good to get to work with the other teachers I will be working with.

Nome was small, about 4,000 people, but with the feeling of a larger city. It is a hub for bush Alaska, so everyone goes there. They have 2 hotels, at least 5 restaurants, at least 10 bars, at least 7 liquor stores, at least 2 grocery stores, and at least 2 taxi services. We ate at Subway and Airport Pizza a lot. We had a good time. I would like to go back soon!

Today was a work day at school. I got some stuff done, which was good. And then tonight Colleen and I are going to Steve and Angie's for dinner. We're having fajitas. I'm looking forward to it!

Well, I need to shower and get ready for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment